Welcome to TheGarageEngineer.com

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

'Back to the Future'


     A movie prop that has intrigued me since I was small is the Flux
Capacitor. It was used in the movie Back to the Future in the time
traveling vehicle the DeLorean. The flux capacitor is what makes time
travel possible.
      I have found a few builds on the internet that have helped me
start the project. I want to build a authentic prop replica but
replace the lights with LEDs.
     I worked on the electronics and got the lights working but I have
not had time to look for the correct parts to build the box. Some of
the parts used on the movie prop where rare at the time of the movie
shoot. Now 25 years later they are even more scarce. So this is an
on going project to find the parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment